This class will introduce you to machine learning using the Python programming language. You will learn how to build a complete machine learning pipeline using the powerful scikit-learn library.
When: August 30, 10 AM - 4 PM
Where: Ryerson University, 350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON
General Admission: $99
- Use any machine learning model in scikit-learn with its Estimator objects
- Use the three-step process common to all machine learning Estimators - Import, Instantiate, Train
- Explore the details of linear regression, k-nearest neighbors, decision trees, and random forests
- Select a reasonable model using cross validation and grid search
- Build a pipeline to complete all the steps of a machine learning workflow
This course is intended for those who are getting started with the python data science ecosystem. The course assumes that you understand the fundamentals of Python.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
This course is taught by Ted Petrou, an expert at data exploration and machine learning using Python. Ted has taught hundreds of students data science using Python in live classroom settings. He is an enthusiastic instructor and dedicates his time during student exercises to ensure understanding.
He holds a master's degree in statistics from Rice University and is the author of multiple publications, including Exercise Python, Master Data Analysis with Python, and Pandas Cookbook.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Students who complete all components of the course will receive a certificate of completion.
Refunds are available up to 30 days prior to the start of the event