This purchase includes admission to the live online 2-week Selecting Subsets of Data with Pandas course to be held every Monday and Wednesday from 8-10 pm EST Mar 22 - 31, 2021.
You can retake this class for free whenever it is offered again.
Take All Python and Pandas Certification Courses
Instead of purchasing the Python and Pandas Certification courses separately, buy all of them together and save more than 50%.
This is the first course of the Pandas Certification Track where you'll become an expert at handling and selecting subsets of data with the Pandas library.
Before the course
- Installation - You will be given detailed instructions on how to install Python onto your machine and set up an environment to run all the code during class.
- Jupyter Notebooks - You will be using the excellent Jupyter Notebook to run most of the code during class. It provides an interactive coding environment to quickly execute code, get feedback, and make notes.
- Assignment - You will be given an assignment on how to use Jupyter Notebooks and write Markdown that is expected to be completed before the start of the course.
- Private Slack Channel - Upon registration, you will be given access to Ted's private Slack channel where you can directly communicate with him and ask questions about the course.
- Selecting subsets of data with the brackets
- Selecting subsets of data with loc
- Selecting subsets of data with iloc
- Boolean selection single conditions
- Boolean selection multiple conditions
- Filtering with the query method
- Miscellaneous subset selection
After completion of the live course, you will be given a comprehensive and challenging exam on all topics covered. Passing this exam will earn you a certification of completion.
The Python Pandas Certification Track set of courses targets those who desire to become an expert at using Python to analyze data. It also targets those who want challenging exams to prove their expertise. You will need to set aside significant time (20 - 40 hours per course) in order to compete all the exercises and study for the certification exam.
Class time is divided between live coding sessions delivered by Ted and hands-on practice exercises and projects that you complete. During the live coding you are provided an outline of the topics that Ted will cover as a Jupyter Notebook allowing you to code right along with Ted, explore how the commands work, and ask questions.
About the Instructor
This course is taught by Ted Petrou, an expert at Python, data exploration, and machine learning. Ted is the author of the highly-rated text Pandas Cookbook as well as Exercise Python, Master Data Analysis with Python, and Master Machine Learning with Python.
Ted has taught hundreds of students Python and data science during in-person classroom settings. He sees first hand exactly where students struggle and continually upgrades his material to minimize these struggles by providing a simple and direct path forward.
Ted is one of the foremost authorities on using the pandas library to do data analysis with his blog posts totaling well over 1 million views. He is also a prolific contributor on Stack Overflow having answered over 400 questions. He is an enthusiastic instructor and dedicates his time to ensure student understanding.
Ted is the author of multiple Python libraries, including dexplot, bar_chart_race, jupyter_to_medium, and others.
Ted holds a master's degree in statistics from Rice University.
If you earn less than $50,000 USD annually, message me personally through the chat box or email me at [email protected] and I will give you a discount.